The Barber of Seville
This fantastic production by Bronek Pomorski brings out the Champagne Fizz of the music and will capture your heart as Count Almaviva aided by his good friend Figaro manages to woo his love Rosina away from her wicked guardian Dr Bartolo. Thousands of people saw this work when it toured the country last year and many have asked to see it again.
Figaro: Hakan Vramsmo
Count Almaviva: Roger Paterson
Doctor Bartolo: John Lofthouse
Rosina: Katherine Blumenthal
Don Basilio: Geoffrey Moses
Berta: Amanda Buckland
Fiorello & Police Officer: Aiden Smith
Producer and Director: Bronek Pomorski
The Marriage of Figaro
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
One wedding and a whole lot of great singing! It has all the ingredients of a classic piece of 18th century literature: passion, lust, betrayal, deception and ultimate forgiveness. The action takes place in just 24 hours and is liberally sprinkled with sparkling, farcical humour.
Susanna: Stephanie Bodsworth
Figaro: Ian Beadle
Countess: Amanda Buckland
Count: Hakan Vramsmo
Cherubino: to be confirmed
Marcellina: Anna Loveday
Bartolo & Antonio: Geoffrey Moses
Basilio & Curzio: Martin Rendle
Barbarina: Persha Darling
Tailor your perfect ‘Opera at Albert’ experience
Make your experience truly memorable by choosing your preferred option:
- Performance Only (from £18/£33*) Enjoy an evening of superb operatic entertainment, and access the bar at your leisure.
- Pre-show Two-Course Dinner + Performance (from £55pp*) Begin an enchanting evening with a superb dinner created by our talented kitchen team and then settle in for the performance.
- Performance + Deluxe Hamper Picnic for Two (£110*) To complement the outdoor performance, include a delicious Albert Cottage Hamper Picnic, freshly selected and prepared on the day.
*All prices are subject to a booking fee.
These options are available via The Price is Wight
- Performance + Dine & Stay: The perfect package – Delight in the opera, relish a delicious dinner (and maybe a glass or two!) and then stay over in one of our ten beautiful rooms or suites. You could even create the ultimate cultural weekend and stay for both performances and both nights!
This option must be booked via the hotel
Dinner is a two-course set menu and will take place prior to the performance. If you desire a vegetarian option or have any special dietary requirements, please inform us at the hotel when calling to book a minimum of seven days prior to the event.
Friday: Thyme-roasted Chicken Breast with Quinoa, Courgettes, IOW Tomatoes & Salsa Verde.
Seasonal Berries, Cream Cheese Mousse, Honeycomb, Ginger Beer Jelly & Raspberry Sorbet.
Saturday: Braised Ham Hock with Poato Gratin, Green Beans & Grain Mustard Cream Sauce.
Glazed Lemon Tart, Strawberries & Clotted Cream.
- Events take place on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th July 2021
- Choose your option on The Price is Wight website, except the ‘Performance, Dine & Stay’ option which must be booked direct through the hotel.
- Only 10 overnight options available
- Price is Wight customers should print off voucher & follow instructions to book
- Gates open at 4:00pm. Dining options from 4:30pm. Performance commences at 7.30pm.
- Smaller parties may be grouped together
- Management reserves the right to amend the menus prior to the event.
Performance + Dine & Stay option
Please note that bookings are not confirmed until you have been notified in writing by the hotel.